Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Is Jesus my role model?

Yesterday I came across a video asking a simple question: is Jesus my role model?  Take a look:

1 John 2:6: Whoever claims to abide in [Jesus] ought to live (just) as he lived.

I find this video very challenging, because as a 21st century American, my life doesn't naturally aim toward humility or servanthood.  Far too often, its a daily power struggle.  Even the little things like taking out the trash or loading the dishwasher become a bitter internal battle -- "It's not my turn.  I did it last time.  It will be okay if the trash isn't taken out today.  The dishes will be fine sitting there overnight."

My choice boils down to 1) do I serve my family as Jesus would, imitating his servanthood? or 2) do I become caught up in keeping score?

No comments: